Monday, December 8, 2014

Match-Making Sister Missionary

Thanks to everyone who reads these.  We're are down to the last 8 letters from Sydney.  I know everyone has busy lives right now but I know missionaries love mail and she would love a Christmas card from you.  Here is her address if you'd like to send a Christmas card.  Don't feel like you need to write a letter with it.  Thanks so much!
         Sister Sydney Arvanitas
          Korea Daejeon Mission
          Daejeon PO Box 38
          Daejeon-si
          Chungcheong-bukdo 300-600
         South Korea



Thank you for the Christmas package Activity Day Girls (Evaaaaaa, I love you too)!!! I got it at church yesterday(long story, the Boo(this is what they call the mission office) has my address mixed up with up with another sister's, so we're always switching mail) and I had such a hard time to not opening it during sacrament meeting. Because opening packages during sacrament meeting is probably bad. But I opened it right after church was over and all the elders were there and they were so jealous. They should be. Cranberry Ward is the best!

This week we met with our only not-less-active recent convert (less-active recent converts are literally the saddest thing ever. I have met far too many of them and it makes me sick to my stomach). But we have one that's still going strong! The only problem is she needs church friends, like, sooo badly. She's 30 and single and there are no young adults even close to her age in our ward. Missionaries have been thinking forever about who she can be friends with and the answer always comes back to the same person--the Young Men's President in 정읍. They're perfect for each other. At least me and two other missionaries have thought so and if that's not revelation, then I don't know what is. Our recent convert has heard about him over and over again, but no one has really done anything yet. But gosh darn it, I wanted her to find true love so this week we texted him about her and gave him her phone number. And then last night, she messaged us and said that...he texted her! YAYAYAYAYAY. He wants to find true love too!!! Playing missionary match-maker is fun.

This week we didn't get to meet with our baptismal date, MJ because she got into a fight with her parents or something and might not be living at home anymore? I don't know. Dealing with progressing investigators is such a roller coaster because something bad always happens. I learned a long time ago to just go with it and not get my hopes too high. I'm sure it'll be fine though.

As for good news another investigator that I have talked about yet came to church yesterday!! She's 21 and adorable and has had a really, really hard life, but it stills so cute and positive! Yet sassy. I like her a lot so I hope nothing bad happens with her too because she's just so great! We asked her to read 1 Corinthians 15 and she misheard us and instead read the entire book of 1 Corinthians. And took notes!  And then when we gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to read Moroni 10, she not only read it, but marked her favorite verses! I love people who mark their scriptures!

But one of the highlights of the week was definitely Mission Tour. Elder Aoyagi and his wife came and it was so fun. Though, confession, my favorite part was whispering back and forth with Sister Matsen before the meeting started while we were supposed to be reading our scriptures. Elder Aoyagi talk was good. I think. He gave it in Japanese and then his translator friend translated it into Korean. But seriously, I still struggle with understanding Korean, especially for long periods of time so I was kind of just like, "Korean Korean Korean Korean, hey I know that word! Korean Korean Korean..." But I thought his wife's talk was awesome! One, because she read it in English; 2. because there were lots of quotes and skits and she involved the missionaries a lot and 3. because at the end we all stood up and sang "Put Your Shoulder to Wheel" while dancing and literally pushing the work of God along. It was great.

And a spiritual thought! I finished D&C again this week! Hooray!
I liked this one: D&C 136:28 
"If thou are merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving."

So sing and dance!! And be thankful.

I love you!
Sister Abba.

 So happy because, SNOW!




Mission Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment