Monday, October 27, 2014

Short letter and lots of Pictures

Before her letter I'll share a few messages she sent separately.  She didn't write a long letter but, prepare for picture overload at the end.  She's down to her last 3 months.  Holy Cow!  That means only 12 more letters left.  Crazy!



Maddie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK. When I saw that you're turning fourteen, I fainted. But now I'm back and I'm typing this email. I love you and I can't wait to see you! I bought you lots of fun Korean things today and I'll give them to you when I get home on Christmas 2.0!


Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Gray, I got your packages!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I love you and I love the scarf you picked out, it's beautiful! I'll wear it this week and take a picture. I love you both and hope you're well.




I can't remember a whole lot from this week other than going on a split, making decorations for the Halloween party, and a few appointment here and there. It was a great week though and a couple of our investigators are even progressing! Fatima watched the Joseph Smith movie twice she liked it so much and when we taught her the Plan of Salvation this week we taught a little bit about the temple too. The first thing she said was, "Wow! I want to go to the temple!" And we were like, "You can! But first please come to church." But she didn't. We'll keep trying though.

Lately I've been reading through D&C because I'm trying to like it as much as I like the New Testament and the Book of Mormon, but I'm still not quite there yet. But I did find a nice little scripture in Section 90, verse 24, "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good."

I love that. "Be believing." Belief is so much more than what we have, it's who we are. The Lord expects us to believe, because when we do, we can trust in His blessings and find the hope we need to carry on. So let's be believing! Because we are promised that if we are, all things will work together for our good.

I love you!
Sister Abba.

BABIES! I went on a split this week in 전주 and we went to visit the bishop's wife. She's in her mid-thirties, but she has seven children all under the age of eight and four of them are twins. We played with her youngest set of twins and helped her move furniture around. It felt good to be useful. ^^

 My companion for the day. She was actually the MTC companion of my old companion's (이희원) older sister. Weird, right?

Pretty!

Korea has these fun suction cups things that are supposed to relieve the strain off your back and neck. Our less-active had them and you bet we took pictures.


 I made all these ghosts for the Halloween party! They look like ghosts, right? Kimyoungchan keeps saying they look like squids...

We came to 중앙 for P-day today! The fall leaves are looking beautiful! We plan to go to Nejangsan next week (as is the rest of Korea, I'm sure) so hopefully I'll have lots of pictures to send of the maple leaves. They haven't quite changed yet, but they're getting there.



A cute little neighborhood in joongang. All the walls are painted!



I want to live here!




This girl likes bibimbab!

 Terrifyingly festive E.T.


 A Kung Fu panda noodle restaurant!

Totoro!


No comments:

Post a Comment